This quick spinach salad pairs mushrooms and prosciutto with chicken in a simple citrusy yogurt dressing.
Simple Spinach Salad with Creamy Orange Dressing
This quick spinach salad is a tasty and light lunch or early supper. The creamy orange-flavored dressing is made with yogurt instead of the fuller fat options. I like to use the breast of a cooked rotisserie chicken. It’s even better when the chicken is slightly warm!
- 1.5 oz mushrooms
- 4 oz baby spinach
- 2 oz radicchio
- 3 oz cooked chicken breast
- 1.5 oz prosciutto
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 orange juice of 1 orange + zest
- 1 tbsp plain yogurt
- Mix the Spinach and Radicchio in a large bowl.
- Rinse and slice mushrooms, then add to spinach mixture.
- Chop the cooked chicken breast.
- Roll the Prosciutto and slice into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Add both the chicken & prosciutto to the spinach mixture and toss gently.
- Toss the completed salad with the Orange Yogurt Dressing.
- Squeeze the juice of the orange into a small bowl.
- Zest 1/2 the orange.
- Add the olive oil, and yogurt and whisk until fully blended.
If you need to cook the chicken breasts separately, you can roast them in the oven.
- Rinse & pat the chicken breast dry.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Lightly grease a glass or oven safe dish with a little olive oil.
- Drizzle a little of the olive oil on top of the chicken.
- Bake in a pre-heated over 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the breasts are no longer pink.