The orange brandy brings out a brightness to the chicken with fresh zucchini and red peppers to add color and crunch.
Chicken with Orange Brandy Sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2/3 cup orange brandy
- 2 tbsp flour
- 4 oranges
- 1 zuchinni
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp fresh tarragon
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese
- salt & pepper
- Heat the canola oil with 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Brown the chicken on both sides.
- Add the orange brandy over the chicken and cook for about 3 minutes, scraping the pan frequently.
- Sprinkle the chicken with flour and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, start the rice or pasta.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the juice of one orange. 2/3 cup orange juice can be substituted here.
- Add the zucchini, onions and bell pepper. Simmer for another 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Peel the three remaining oranges, divide into segments and add to the pan.
- Zest 1 orange over the cooking chicken dish.
- Add the ricotta cheese and tarragon and cook for 3 minutes stirring gently.
- Pour the heated chicken mixture over the rice or pasta & serve.